What is the mission of the Inspirational Awards program?
Our mission is to discover, amplify, and celebrate the most inspirational high school athletes in America that inspire their teammates, families, and communities. One day we will celebrate the most inspirational players in every high school sport in America (boys and girls, across all major sports), and value their determination, perseverance, leadership and inspiration as highly as we regard athletic talent. The participants serve as fantastic role models for our KIDS In The GAME program as each has an inspirational story as to why they got and stayed in the game!
What role does the KIDS In The GAME play in the Inspirational Awards program?
KIDS In The GAME, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization designed the scholarship program for the two inspirational awards: Inspireum Football Awards™ and Inspireum Soccer Awards™. KIDS In The GAME provides and administers the academic scholarships for these two awards. Our internal committee determines the Top 50 Semifinalists and Top 12 Finalists of each award program. KIDS In The GAME partners with Inspireum who operates the awards website and program logistics.
I want to nominate a player in your Inspirational Awards program?
Visit www.inspireumfootballawards.com to nominate a football player for the High School Football Rudy Awards, and visit www.inspireumsoccerawards.com to nominate a soccer player for the Inspireum Soccer Awards.
Is approval from a parent or guardian required to participate?
When a player is nominated through online registration, either the nominee or the parent/legal guardian will have to approve the Participation Agreement. In the event a nominee is under the age of 18 at the time of registration, a parent or legal guardian MUST approve the Participation Agreement.
What is the scholarship selection process?
There are three rounds of the selection process. The first round determines the top 50 Semifinalists. The second round determines the top 12 Finalists. The final round will determine the Awards Winner, several Runners-up and Fan Favorites.
- Round 1: 50 Semifinalists – 40 of the 50 Semifinalists will be chosen from the entire pool of eligible nominees by an internal committee of members of the KIDS In The GAME. A combination of Fan Vote and internal committee of the KIDS In The GAME, each with a 50/50 weighting, will determine 10 of the 50 Semifinalists.
- Round 2: 12 Finalists – Ten of the twelve Finalists will be chosen from the pool of fifty Semifinalists by an internal committee of members of the KIDS In The GAME. A combination of Fan Vote and internal committee of the KIDS In The GAME Foundation each with a 50/50 weighting will determine two of the twelve Finalists
- Final Round: The National Selection Committee and online Fans (fan vote will count as one member unit of the Selection Committee) will vote from the pool of 12 Finalists to determine the Winner and several Runners-Up (fan vote will count as one member unit of the Selection Committee). The online Fans will vote from the pool of 12 Finalists to select the recipient of the “Fan Favorite” award.
What are the primary criteria for selecting scholarship winners?
The nominees are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Overall positive impact of the nominee’s inspirational story.
- Extent to which nominee exhibits the qualities of Character, Courage, Contribution and Commitment.
- Magnitude in which the nominee has inspired his or her teammates, school, family and community.
How many scholarship winners are there for each Inspirational Award?
KIDS In The GAME provides scholarship grants to the 12 finalists for both the Inspireum Football Awards and the Inspireum Soccer Awards.
How much is the scholarship?
KIDS In The GAME provides $25,000 in scholarships per the two inspirational award programs. This scholarship amount is allocated to the 12 finalists based on the final outcome (winner, runner-up, fan favorite, other finalists).
When will scholarship winners receive their grant?
KIDS In The GAME will make payments directly to the account of the scholarship winner at their accredited college after receiving the appropriate documentation and verification of enrollment at the start of the fall semester. This allows us to fulfill our tax exemption requirements. It is the scholarship winner’s responsibility to submit the required forms and meet college deadlines and requirements.
I won a scholarship from the Inspireum Football Awards. How do I receive my scholarship funds?
Scholarship disbursements will be provided upon completion of the appropriate documentation and verification of enrollment. Scholarship recipients will need to read and fill out three documents to assist with the process: Instructions, Scholarship Rules, and Scholarship Request Form.
What does a scholarship cover?
Scholarship grants may be used for degree-seeking students and applied to tuition and required course-related expenses (e.g., fees, books, supplies, and equipment). Amounts used for living expenses (room and board) and other non-required expenses (computers, travel, etc.) are not covered.
How is college enrollment verified?
As stated in the scholarship award rules, recipients will need to send KIDS In The GAME a copy of their accredited college’s itemized invoice (fee bill).
Who do I contact if I have any questions regarding the Inspirational Awards program and scholarships?
Please contact the KIDS In The GAME for more information at email@example.com or 541-508-3966. Please visit www.highschoolrudyawards.com to learn more about the High School Football Rudy Awards, and visit www.inspireumsoccerawards.com if you want to learn more about the Inspireum Soccer Awards.